Dumplings with Apples
- 1 package MORFAT Dumpling Mix with Yeast
- 5 large apples
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons rum or cognac
- powdered sugar or cinnamon or honey
1. Prepare the Dumplings according to package instructions, but use 350gr. (1 3/4 cups) warm water. Allow the mix to rest in a warm spot until it doubles its volume.
2. Peel the outer skin of the apples and using the special corer or a sharp knife, remove the core of the apples without ruining their shape. Slice the apples in rings approximately 5 cm thick and place them on a platter. Sprinkle with the sugar and cognac and put them to the side until you prepare the dumplings.
3. Heat the oil and with the help of a fork, dip the apple rings in the now ready batter. Fry in hot oil on both sides and place on paper towel to drain well.
4. Serve them hot, sprinkled with powdered sugar and cinnamon or garnish with honey.
The water you will add should be lukewarm, as hot water will not increase the volume of the mixture.